How "Rent vs. Buy" Shifted in 2023
The only thing worse than a post-pandemic rental market? A post-pandemic buyer’s market. I sat down with Zillow’s Head of Rentals Communication to talk about how the rental market has evolved over the last three years, and the one variable that might just make buying your home right now worth it. Plus, I share the numbers and rationale behind our own decision to continue renting near Sacramento, California.
What are your considerations when picking a place to live? How are you making the rent vs. buy decision in 2023? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Transcripts can be found at podcast.moneywithkatie.com
Mentioned in the Episode
- Rent vs. Buy in a High Interest Rate Environment: https://podcast.moneywithkatie.com/the-rent-vs-buy-decision-in-2022s-interest-rate-environment-and-lofty-market/
- Housing Affordability is at an Historic Low: https://thehill.com/business/3881539-housing-affordability-hits-historic-low/
- Average Closing Costs, per Rocket Mortgage: https://www.rocketmortgage.com/learn/closing-costs
- Average 30-Year Fixed Rate (updated daily): https://www.bankrate.com/mortgages/mortgage-rates/
Follow Along at Money with Katie: https://moneywithkatie.com/
Watch on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@MoneywithKatie
Follow Money with Katie!
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/moneywithkatie/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/moneywithkatie
Subscribe to The Money with Katie Newsletter
- Sign up for free today: https://www.morningbrew.com/money-with-katie/subscribe/2
Follow the Brew!
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/morningbrew/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/MorningBrew
- TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@morningbrew
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices