How A Frugal Mindset Can Lead To Online Business Success with Sarah St John
There’s more to being a frugal entrepreneur than how you spend your money.
In this podcast episode, Tania speaks about what it means to have a frugal entrepreneurial mindset with an entrepreneur who shows others how to launch and manage an online business on a budget.
Sarah St John has created several startups throughout her entrepreneurial career of over a decade. She is an entrepreneur, podcaster, author and describes herself as an animal lover and world traveler. Sarah currently owns a podcast production agency called PodSeam and she is also the podcast host of “Frugalpreneur: Building a Business on a Bootstrapped Budget”.
"You could do like I did and try different things out. But at a certain point you do need to pick that one thing and focus on that one thing, because I learned that when your hand is in a bunch of different things, it gets overwhelming. If you're putting 20% of your energy and focus into five different things instead of a 100% into one thing, none of them are going to be that successful." - Sarah St John
We discuss in this episode, on how a frugal mindset can lead to online business success:
- How Sarah (with the benefit of hindsight) knows that she has always been an entrepreneur at heart. (5:03 )
- The internal struggle of finding an entrepreneurial identity. (8:09 )
- The main reason why Sarah believes some of her earlier businesses failed. (10:46 )
- How Sarah found financial peace and inspiration for her brand Frugalpreneur. (13:46 )
- How to get started with an online business affordably on a budget. (14:40 )
- The most common mistake entrepreneurs make when it comes to their financial mindset. (18:20 )
- How much time you'll likely need to spend on your online business per week when starting out. (19:20 )
- Why Sarah predicts that most businesses will soon have a podcast. (21:05 )
- About Sarah's Preneur Series ebooks for online entrepreneurs and how you can get access to it for free. (24:02 )
- How to be frugal with your time. (25:02 )
- How to build relationships with like-minded entrepreneurs online. (26:20 )
Full show notes, the transcript, resources and how you can connect with Sarah, can be found here: https://www.startupadvantagepodcast.com/31
Enjoyed this episode? Heard something useful? Let us know!
- Please leave a review to support the show on your favourite podcast player. Thank you if you're willing!
- Please share this episode with a friend who can benefit from it: https://www.startupadvantagepodcast.com/31
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.