How to Navigate Grief: Our Stories of Love and Loss (Part 1) with Ginny Gay & Brandi Lust
In this special two-part episode of Something to Normalize, Ginny and Brandi each share their stories of losing someone central to their lives and the grief that followed. Grief can be a complex, unpredictable, overwhelming, and isolating experience. And there are so many misconceptions about what it “should” be like. What’s worse than grieving the loss of someone you love and then feeling isolated or wondering if the way you’re grieving is somehow wrong? In this episode, Ginny and Brandi explain how there’s no wrong way to grieve. We can accept our experience, and find a bridge of connection so that we’re not alone in navigating this universal, human experience.
In This Episode, Ginny & Brandi Discuss:
- What it means to say that grieving is a non-linear process
- What grief can look like when the relationship was complicated
- How to offer compassionate support to grieving loved ones through active listening and empathy
- The wide range of emotions that are possible during the grieving process
- Myths and misconceptions about grief, including the “stages of grief”
- The intrinsic bond between grief, love, and impermanence
To learn more, click here!
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.