How to Survive a Pandemic and Come Out Shining Bright!!! Pulitzer Prize Winning Investigative Journalist Charles Duhigg
If you’ve ever wondered how in the world to get through this time and who in the world to trust, then do we have the How to Survive a Pandemic show for you.
Today I’ll be talking with Pulitzer Award Winning author, Charles Duhigg, the best-selling author of “The Power of Habit”, and “Smarter Faster Better”, who’s prescience has led him to write about pandemics before they’ve even happened, and what brought us here today.
And that’s just what I want to talk with him about today, about how to sort through conflicting messages, stay safe, and figure out where in the world to go from here.
Key Points Discussed:
- How did you come to write an article for Slate last year on how to survive a pandemic? (02:54 )
- How Seattle leaders let the scientists take the lead unlike New York, and the impact that has had (04:52 )
- What happened on the East Coast in relation to the Coronavirus response where the CDC is concerned? (07:14 )
- The harm that our misunderstanding of timing and exponential growth causes us (12:06 )
- Tuning out the politicians and listening to the experts to avoid the confusion surrounding how to keep the virus at bay (13:52 )
- Sorting through whether economics is more important than health (15:44 )
- Some of the habits that are hurting us during this pandemic (20:01 )
- Are the fatality rates real, and how can we really protect ourselves from getting infected? (25:10 )
- The necessity of moving past the “American way” habit (27:40 )
- The opportunity we have to rethink things and what we want to do with our lives (29:17 )
- The fact that the pandemic will end okay and how we can change our lives (33:21 )
- How To Podcast with Charles Duhigg
- The Power of Habit By Charles Duhigg
- Smarter Faster Better By Charles Duhigg
For free meditations, weekly tips, stories, and similar shows visit: www.InspireNationShow.com
To support the show and get even more great tools, tips, and behind-the-scenes access, visit: www.Patreon.com/InspireNation
And to follow Inspire Nation (and the lives of Michael and Jessica) on Instagram, go to www.Instagram.com/InspireNationLive
And to follow Inspire Nation on Tik Tok simply go to InspireNationShow on Tik Tok