How to Take Intentional Imperfect Action Into Entrepreneurship with Lydia Lee
Being intentional about taking imperfect action can support you in gaining the clarity you need to become a successful entrepreneur.
In this podcast episode, Tania speaks with a passionate entrepreneur and work reinvention strategist, Lydia Lee, about her entrepreneurial journey and how she learned to take intentional imperfect action into entrepreneurship. You'll also hear advice on her success strategies, habits, and mindsets.
Lydia Lee is the Work Reinvention Coach and Freedom Instigator at Screw The Cubicle. Since 2013, she's helped hundreds of people transition out of the golden corporate handcuffs and build meaningful businesses that support them in living the life they want. She believes in intentionally creating purposeful work with our strengths, values, and personality in mind, so that we’re building a business we love, and want to keep for years to come.
"If I don't get started in what I know for right now, I'll never get started. We need to take imperfect action. We need to trust what we know with what we have as assets and knowledge at the moment, and give ourselves permission to evolve that body of work and not embrace such permanence to our decisions in business." - Lydia Lee
We discuss in this episode with Lydia, how to take intentional imperfect action into entrepreneurship:
- Why Lydia started her first entrepreneurial project part-time while working full-time for an employer. (5:11 )
- How Lydia realized that starting her own business instead of changing jobs or industries was the right decision for her. (9:02 )
- What the sweet spot for creating meaningful work is and how to start to find yours. (10:57 )
- Why you shouldn’t ever undervalue your current network and how to think about social equity in an empowering way. (14:45 )
- A simple mindset shift to overcome fear of taking action. (20:12 )
- Lydia’s thoughtful advice for first-time entrepreneurs on how to approach loved ones that might have concerns about your decision to be an entrepreneur. (23:21 )
- How to find the thing to build a business around if you’re unsure of what type of business to start. (28:24 )
- How to know the difference between experiencing challenges or whether your business type is not a good fit or you. (32:31 )
- How taking calculated risks can create a sense of safety and lead to meaningful work. (36:58 )
- What aligned action looks like versus hustle action. (41:30 )
- How to access Lydia’s free workshop on how to launch a business designed from your strengths, values and personality. (43:12 )
- How to connect with Lydia. (47:23 )
Full show notes, the transcript, resources and how you can connect with Lydia, can be found here: https://www.startingadvantage.com/34
Enjoyed this episode? Heard something useful? Let us know!
- Please leave a review to support the show on your favourite podcast player. Thank you if you're willing!
- Please share this episode with a friend who can benefit from it
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.