How to feel all your feelings (and why you should)
Ofosu and Leah are together in Los Cabos, Mexico, and take advantage of this face-to-face time to check in with their emotions. They discuss what it means to be able to express exactly how we’re feeling and why we don’t give ourselves permission to do it all the time. They also share their tips for embracing more joy, and why leaning into sadness can actually make us happier.
▶️ You can watch the latest episode on YouTube here: https://youtu.be/dTldF6_BATQ
🎧 What’s in this episode:
- (00:00 ) Why Ofosu and Leah are together in Los Cabos, Mexico
- (01:40 ) Letting yourself feel sadness
- (03:35 ) Would you ever cry in public?
- (04:35 ) The fear of being vulnerable
- (08:20 ) Meeting sadness with compassion
- (09:28 ) Being okay with showing your darkness
- (10:12 ) Letting yourself fully experience joy
- (12:43 ) "Not enough" versus "too much"
- (13:30 ) Subconsciously sabotaging our joy
- (15:07 ) Owning your accomplishments
- (17:27 ) How a gratitude practice helps Leah experience more joy
- (18:42 ) Why Ofosu embraces discomfort
🧘 About Balance: Well Balanced is co-hosted by Ofosu and Leah, Balance’s Co-Heads of Meditation. Balance is a highly personalized meditation and sleep app that's been named Google's App of the Year and Apple's App of the Day. Completely free for the entire first year, Balance is helping 4 million+ people around the world improve their stress, sleep, focus, and mood. Unlock your free year of Balance today by downloading it from the App Store or Play Store: https://balanceapp.sng.link/Arat1/h3qp/icji