Integrative Approaches in Cancer Care with Dr. Sonia Malani
In today's episode with Dr. Sonia Malani, you’ll hear us take a deep dive on:
- The impact of integrative oncology on cancer care;
- Supplements in integrative oncology;
- The role of integrative oncologists in addressing holistic health factors;
- Reducing stress, detoxification, and improving outcomes in cancer care;
- Strategic dietary choices for cancer prevention and supportive care;
- Ketamine-assisted psychotherapy for cancer patients.
Dr. Sonia Malani is a board-certified naturopathic oncologist with specialized expertise in pain management and palliative care. Passionate about cancer prevention, she delves deeply into precision oncology utilizing ctDNA technology and focuses on addressing metabolic comorbidities in patients with cancer.
Beyond her medical honors, Dr. Malani is a published author and dedicated researcher. Moreover, she wears multiple hats as a certified yoga instructor, meditation teacher, and a provider of Ketamine-Assisted Psychotherapy. Dr. Malani also plays a vital role as a co-investigator in the AIMS Cancer Outcomes Study (ACOS).
Order tests through Rupa Health, the BEST place to order functional medicine lab tests from 30+ labs - https://www.rupahealth.com/reference-guide
The Root Cause Medicine Podcast is created by Rupa Health, the best way to order, track & manage results from 30+ lab companies in one place for free.
The Root Cause Medicine podcast is available on:
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Podcasts
- Instructions on how to rate and review The Root Cause Medicine Podcast can be found here.
- Dr. Sonia Malani’s Website
- Dr. Sonia Malani on LinkedIn
- Dr. Sonia Malani on Instagram
- AIMS Institute Seattle Website
- Bastyr University Website
- Why We Sleep by Matthew Walker
Rupa Health Details:
- Rupa Health's Website
- Rupa Health on LinkedIn
- Rupa Health on Instagram
- Rupa Health on TikTok
- Rupa Health on YouTube
- Rupa Health Reference Guide
- Rupa Health Magazine
- Dr. Kate Henry’s Website
- Dr. Kate Henry on LinkedIn
- Dr. Kate Henry on Podcast
- Dr. Kate Henry on Instagram
- Dr. Kate Henry on Twitter
- Dr. Kate Henry on Youtube
00:00 - Intro
02:45 - What should you know about cancer?
03:47 - What is integrative oncology?
04:22 - Beyond traditional cancer treatments
05:33 - Dissecting myths in cancer treatment
08:07 - Personalized cancer care treatments
10:22 - Supplements that tackle chemo's side effects
12:34 - Specific cannabis components for different cancer concerns
14:23 - Combining conventional and natural approaches to cancer care
17:03 - The challenge of evidence in integrative oncology
18:55 - Why integrative oncology?
22:41 - Understanding carcinogenesis
25:29 - How our bodies handle toxins and stress
28:29 - Reducing toxic exposure
31:35 - Reducing toxins in your diet
33:30 - The science behind sleep
35:14 - Melatonin and cancer treatment
38:20 - Sleep hygiene in a digital world
43:09 - The science of calm for optimal health
44:18 - The sugar-cancer link
47:46 - The Mediterranean diet
51:15 - Trailblazing ketamine in mental health and oncology
56:13 - Communication and support in cancer care
Download from Google Play
Download from App Store