Joe Dispenza ON: Why Stress and Overthinking Negatively Impacts Your Brain and Heart & How to Change Your Habits on Autopilot
Today, I am sitting down with Dr. Joe Dispenza to talk about the connection between our thoughts and our emotions. Joe explains the importance of paying attention to the things that will help us grow emotionally and mentally, the power of the brain and how it can trap us in the past if we allow it to, and how knowing proper breathwork can significantly help us relieve stress and overcome anxious thoughts.
Joe Dispenza is an author, speaker, and researcher known for his work in the fields of neuroscience, epigenetics, and quantum physics. He is particularly recognized for his teachings on the mind-body connection and the potential for individuals to transform their lives through the power of their thoughts and emotions. Joe regularly conducts workshops and seminars worldwide, where he combines scientific knowledge, meditation practices, and practical exercises to help individuals tap into their potential and create a more fulfilling life. His teachings emphasize the idea that by changing our thoughts and emotions, we can create new neural pathways in the brain and ultimately transform our reality.
You can order my new book 8 RULES OF LOVE at 8rulesoflove.com or at a retail store near you. You can also get the chance to see me live on my first ever world tour. This is a 90 minute interactive show where I will take you on a journey of finding, keeping and even letting go of love. Head to jayshettytour.com and find out if I'll be in a city near you. Thank you so much for all your support - I hope to see you soon.
What We Discuss:
- 00:00 Intro
- 03:01 Why are repeating thoughts the most dangerous, and the most beneficial thoughts?
- 07:05 Change your thought patterns by becoming conscious of unconscious thoughts
- 15:27 “Where you place your attention is where you place your energy.”
- 18:35 Why our emotions are a record of the past
- 20:41 Why are we in a habits crisis? How do we change our habits?
- 26:49 The 3 important elements in your life that you should focus on when you’re stressed
- 35:50 What is meditation and can you start practicing it?
- 40:25 How our emotions can convince our body to change significantly
- 45:34 How does breathwork impact our heart rate variability?
- 52:21 What happens when you get emotionally stuck in the past?
- 01:01:45 “What is it about me that I still have to change in order to heal?”
- 01:08:21 The difference between meditation with and without breathwork
- 01:11:32 The basic practices to help build a community for our survival
- Joe Dispenza | Website
- Joe Dispenza | YouTube
- Joe Dispenza | Twitter
- Joe Dispenza | Facebook
- Joe Dispenza | Instagram
Want to be a Jay Shetty Certified Life Coach? Get the Digital Guide and Workbook from Jay Shetty https://jayshettypurpose.com/fb-getting-started-as-a-life-coach-podcast/
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.