Kevin Killed Sydney + Reddit’s C.E.O. Defends Section 230
Bing AI isn’t sentient. But it’s more than glorified autocomplete. How do we talk about — and understand — the power of today’s large language models? Then, Reddit’s C.E.O., Steve Huffman, on Section 230 and why the future of the internet lies with the Supreme Court.
Plus: Meta is charging for blue checks.
On today’s episode:
- Steve Huffman is the chief executive of Reddit.
- A Washington Post reporter asked Bing AI its opinion of Kevin Roose. Its response was eerie.
- Microsoft made changes to Bing’s chatbot capabilities after the Chatbot’s unsettling behavior with some users. The company is already loosening some of those restrictions.
- The Supreme Court heard a case challenging Section 230. Reddit is among many social media companies that have filed “friend of the court” amicus briefs against changes to the law.
- Facebook plans to sell “Meta verified” accounts.