886: Midweek Mashup | How to Get What You Want ft. David Meltzer, Jason Harris and Chris Voss
Get ready to learn how to get what you want out of life on this special mashup episode of Travis Makes Friends! Today, we'll hear the best advice from previous guests on setting and achieving your biggest goals and dreams. From exercising the power of intention to embracing bold action, you'll come away with practical tips for manifesting your desires. In this Midweek Mashup, we feature clips from David Meltzer, Jason Harris, and Chris Voss.
On this episode:
- The truth about using faith as currency (David Meltzer) - Consistently applying your faith through positive thoughts, words, beliefs, and actions attracts desired outcomes because it puts intentional energy into manifesting your goals.
- Why you should play the long game (Jason Harris) - Gaining industry experience and financial resources before starting your venture prevents desperation-based decisions and enables smart strategy from a position of strength. It's important to take time to learn and prepare.
- The reason behind operating with generosity (Jason Harris) - Freely sharing knowledge, contacts, and value without expecting direct reciprocation expands your network and opportunities because goodwill and relationships boomerang back when you help others.
- The Importance of applying tactical empathy (Chris Voss) - Demonstrating an understanding of others' perspectives disarms them and opens them to your influence because it makes people feel heard, so their guard goes down. Mutual understanding brings cooperation.
- How asking calibrated questions gets collaboration (Chris Voss) - Saying "How am I supposed to do that?" instead of an outright "no" makes the other party consider your position because a collaborative, curious tone sparks cooperation. Questions invite perspective-taking.
Want to pick up proven techniques for manifesting and taking action on your biggest life goals? Make sure to listen to this episode featuring expert insights on getting what you want!
Don’t forget to subscribe to our Youtube Channel, @travismakesfriends
Follow Travis on:
Twitter 👉🏻 twitter.com/traviscchappell
Pinterest 👉🏻 pinterest.com/travischappellpod
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices