MWC 2023 gadgets, Meta's AR / VR roadmap, and TikTok's Bold Glamour filter
The Verge's Nilay Patel, Alex Cranz, and Richard Lawler discuss the phones and laptops announced at Mobile World Congress, Meta's AR and VR hardware roadmap for the next few years, Tesla's "Master Plan", and more of this week's tech news.
- MWC 2023 was a preview of what future phones could (and should) look like
HMD's latest Nokia phone is designed to be repaired in minutes
The Xiaomi 13 Pro is going global
Realme’s ridiculous 240W fast-charging phone is getting an international release
- Motorola’s new Razr foldable is arriving this year
Lenovo’s rollable laptop and smartphone are a compelling, unfinished pitch for the future
- This is Meta’s AR / VR hardware roadmap for the next four years
- Elon Musk says Twitter employees will receive ‘very significant’ stock awards on March 24th
- Twitter shut off its internal Slack, and now ‘everyone is barely working’
Twitter Blue head Esther Crawford is out at Twitter
- Elon Musk's 'lab leak' tweets could be an issue for Tesla's plans in China
- Tesla’s new ‘Master Plan’ is coming — let’s grade the first two
Elon Musk unveils a new Master Plan, a path to sustainable energy future, no new cars
Why won’t TikTok confirm the Bold Glamour filter is AI?
OpenAI announces an API for ChatGPT and its Whisper speech-to-text tech
- Microsoft now lets you change Bing’s chatbot personality to be more entertaining
- Microsoft’s Phone Link app now lets you use iMessage from your PC
Sony announces 2023 TV lineup: better late than never
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our Vergecast Hotline at 866-VERGE11, we'd love to hear from you.
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit podcastchoices.com/adchoices