Mark’s metaverse for minors, and getting down to business
There's some funny business going on on Google, and Zuckerberg's $14 billion bet on the metaverse is beginning to look a little childish...
All this and more is discussed in the latest edition of the "Smashing Security" podcast by cybersecurity veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault.
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
- Google sues alleged scammer over fake business and review scheme - The Verge.
- Meta to Lower Age for Users of Virtual Reality Headset to 10 From 13 - New York Times.
- Introducing New Parent-Managed Meta Accounts for Families - Meta Blog.
- Keep Connected - ages 10–14 - Keep Connected.
- The Metaverse Police: A VR content moderator shares his insights - Mixed News.
- “Untold: The Girlfriend Who Didn't Exist” - Netflix.
- Tommy Siegel - Some candy hearts comics I drew, a thread - Twitter.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Bitwarden – Password security you can trust. Bitwarden is an open source password manager trusted by millions of individuals, teams, and organizations worldwide for secure password storage and sharing.
- Kolide – Kolide ensures that if your device isn’t secure it can’t access your cloud apps. It’s Zero Trust for Okta. Watch a demo today!
- Drata – With over 14 frameworks including SOC2, GDPR, HIPAA, and ISO 27001, Drata gets you audit-ready for crucial security standards needed to scale your business. As a listener to Smashing Security you can save 10% off Drata and have implementation fees waived.
SUPPORT THE SHOW:
Theme tune: "Vinyl Memories" by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.