Marketing Executives React To Hilarious 1980s TV Commercials (#109)
What can we all learn from commercial marketing during the golden age of TV?
Kipp and Kieran dive into 1980s advertising and give their take on marketing learnings that we can incorporate today. Learn how to create a value prop for multiple audiences, the importance of playing on trends, the power of using dogs and babies in ads, and the framework to a killer direct-response video.
- Kellogs Mini Wheats Ad https://youtu.be/tgoUa2wWvAQ?t=60
- Ketchup Ad https://youtu.be/tgoUa2wWvAQ?t=492
- Pepsi Ad https://youtu.be/tgoUa2wWvAQ?t=522
- Black & Decker Ad https://youtu.be/tgoUa2wWvAQ?t=741
- Wendy’s Ad https://youtu.be/tgoUa2wWvAQ?t=920
- Trung Phan EP https://link.chtbl.com/7ewMHO1f
We’re on Social Media! Follow us for everyday marketing wisdom straight to your feed
Thank you for tuning into Marketing Against The Grain!
Don’t forget to hit subscribe and follow us on Apple Podcasts (so you never miss an episode)! https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/marketing-against-the-grain/id1616700934
If you love this show, please leave us a 5-Star Review https://link.chtbl.com/h9_sjBKH and share your favorite episodes with friends.
We really appreciate your support.
Kipp Bodnar, https://twitter.com/kippbodnar
Kieran Flanagan, https://twitter.com/searchbrat
‘Marketing Against The Grain’ is a HubSpot Original Podcast // Brought to you by The HubSpot Podcast Network // Produced by Darren Clarke.