Meta’s Trump Calculus + Regime Change at Netflix
What does Donald Trump’s reinstatement on Facebook and Instagram mean for our politics and platforms? Then, Netflix in its post-Reed era.
Plus: How the Bored Ape Yacht Club went from being the Disney of Web3 to handing out sewer passes for their new video game.
On today’s episode:
- Lucas Shaw is an entertainment industry reporter for Bloomberg.
- Meta reinstated Trump’s Facebook and Instagram accounts.
- Trump looked to get out of a deal with his own social media site, Truth Social
- The Jan. 8 riots in Brazil mirrored aspects of the U.S. Capitol Riots, including the use of tech platforms to organize rioters.
- Donald Trump used Truth Social to attack former Georgia election worker Ruby Freeman.