Paralyzed by a Scorpion in the Grand Canyon
When a rafter was stung by a scorpion, she assumed she’d be fine. Within hours she lost her ability to see or speak clearly. It was the beginning of a nightmare that nobody in her group of experienced adventurers saw coming. After all, there aren’t supposed to be deadly scorpions in the United States. But as her condition grew more frightening, they began to believe they had a serious emergency on their hands. In this episode, a collaboration with the Out Alive podcast, we investigate how an unfortunate backcountry incident turned into a medical and scientific mystery.
This episode was brought to you by YETI, maker of ultra-durable coolers, bags, and drinkware designed to go anywhere you want to go. Learn More about YETI’s products built for the wild at YETI.com.