REBOOT #324: Obesity Medicine FAQ with Dr. Fatima Cody Stanford
We’re taking a short summer break, but we’ll be back in September with brand-new episodes. Can’t wait? Join our Kashlak family at patreon.com/curbsiders for access to twice-monthly bonus episodes… there are already 9 of them available to feed your brain hole! Yummy!
Obesity treatment has been around since the 1950s but we’ve been underutilizing it for far too long! Not only that, we’ve been thinking about obesity the wrong way for decades. Join us with Dr. Fatima Cody Stanford (@AskDrFatima) of Massachusetts General Hospital as we reframe our approach to this disease and learn tips on prescribing older, but still very effective, medications used to treat obesity.
Free CME for this episode at curbsiders.vcuhealth.org
Patreon | Episodes | Subscribe | Spotify | YouTube | Newsletter | Contact | Swag! | CME
- Producer, Writer, Show Notes, Infographics, Cover Art: Isabel Valdez, PA-C
- Show Notes, Infographics: Maddison McLellan
- Hosts: Matthew Watto MD, FACP; Paul Williams MD, FACP
- Reviewer: Monee Amin, MD
- Executive Producer: Beth Garbitelli
- Showrunner: Matthew Watto MD, FACP
- Editor: Clair Morgan of nodderly.com
- Guest: Fatima Cody Stanford, MD
Get a comprehensive view of Locumstory at locumstory.com
.Get 55% off your Babbel subscription at Babbel.com/curb. Rules and restrictions apply.
CME Partner: VCU Health CEThe Curbsiders are partnering with VCU Health Continuing Education to offer FREE continuing education credits for physicians and other healthcare professionals. Visit curbsiders.vcuhealth.org and search for this episode to claim credit.The Curbsiders are partnering with VCU Health Continuing Education to offer FREE continuing education credits for physicians and other healthcare professionals. Visit curbsiders.vcuhealth.org.
- Intro, disclaimer, guest bio
- Guest one-liner by Dr. Fatima Cody Stanford
- Case from Kashlak
- Guidelines for treatment
- Getting the history and discussing weight goals
- The Care Team: Dietician, Behavioral Specialist, Provider
- Medications: Phentermine, Topiramate, Bupropion, Naltrexone
- Obesity treatment in pregnancy
- Referring to bariatric surgery
- Take home points
Download from Google Play
Download from App Store