Reading Aloud to Overcome Mom Fear :: Jennifer Pepito [Ep 376]
What fear pops up in your parenting again and again? Maybe it’s, “how do I teach my kids that they can do hard things in a loving way?” or, “what if my kids make bad decisions?” or “what if I’m a bad mom?”
These fears can feel overwhelming and that the answers to them are complicated. My guest this week gives us an unexpected ally in overcoming the fears that grip us as moms - reading aloud. It sounds almost too simple, but author and mom of 7, Jennifer Pepito, shows us that the stories we share with our kids can help them navigate some of the tougher experiences with life. By exposing our kids to character building stories we can infuse them with perspective and thoughtfulness as they face life’s difficult situations. She also encourages us that forgiveness can be an avenue to freedom from fear in our lives and specifically our parenting.
TRIGGER WARNING: This episode briefly mentions suicide. If you or anyone you know are struggling with suicidal thoughts please reach out to someone you trust. You can call or text 988 anytime of day or night.
Connect with Jennifer Pepito:
- Website: https://www.thepeacefulpreschool.com
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/peacefulpress/
- Instagram: @JenniferPepito
- Mothering by the Book: The Power of Reading Aloud to Overcome Fear and Recapture Joy by Jennifer Pepito
- PREORDER BONUSES→Mothering by the Book: The Power of Reading Aloud to Overcome Fear and Recapture Joy by Jennifer Pepito
- Wild and Free Podcast
- Swiss Family Robinson by Johann David Wyss
- James Herriot book series
- The Little House 9 Volume Set (includes Little House on the Prairie) by Laura Ingalls Wilder
- Treasures of the Snow by Patricia St. John
- Recovering from Mom Burnout :: Nicole Zasowski [Ep 357]
- The Day Fear Died :: Courtney Smallbone [Ep 201]
- Practicing Faith Through Fear :: Dominique Young [Ep 295]
- Caraway. Non-Toxic cookware made modern. Get 10% off your next purchase at Carawayhome.com/DMA.
- Stitch Fix. For a limited time, get $20 off your first purchase at StitchFix.com/DMA
- Outschool. Save $15 on your child’s first class at Outschool.com/DMA.