Reneé Rapp ON: How to Break the Patterns of Negative Self Talk & Ways to Stop Using External Judgement to Measure Your Achievement
Anxiety is an ongoing battle that happens right inside your mind.
Your mind becomes this never-ending movie reel of worst-case scenarios, and it just keeps on playing.
When we're stuck with anxious thoughts, we want to find an escape.
Today, singer and songwriter Reneé Rapp, known for her role of Regina George in the Tony-nominated Mean Girls musical on Broadway, sits down with me to share her incredible journey.
Reneé and I offer insights on how to prepare oneself mentally and emotionally for the inevitable disappointments that life may bring, the insidious nature of self-criticism and its far-reaching effects, and the art of expressing vulnerability without fearing miscommunication.
Self-doubt can be a formidable obstacle to pursuing one's passions. We will also explore the strategies to confront and overcome self-doubt and overcome the role of being one's own harshest critic.
In this interview, you will learn:
- How to understand perception and well-being
- How to prepare for future disappointment
- How to be less self-critical
- How to manage your inner voice
- How to express insecurities effectively
- How to stay resilient in challenging situations
Together, let us transform uncertainties into positivity and look forward to reshaping our mindset.
With Love and Gratitude,
Reneé Rapp’s debut album “Snow Angel” is out now http://reneerapp.lnk.to/snowangel
What We Discuss:
- 00:00 Intro
- 01:46 Understanding how others perceive you and its impact on your well-being
- 05:05 What happens with you come face-to-face with a stalker
- 06:57 Ways to not prepare yourself for future disappointment
- 09:03 Why excessive self-criticism can hurt your self-confidence
- 11:20 How do you interpret your inner voices?
- 14:32 How to find a mindset to help yourself improve
- 17:45 Cultivating a passion for acting, even when it presents occasional challenges
- 20:41 How do you express your insecurities effectively without fearing miscommunication
- 23:08 Do you let self-doubt keep you from pursuing your passions?
- 26:55 How resilient are you in the most unfavorable situations?
- 35:19 Placing trust in the wrong people can have adverse consequences on your life
- 40:44 How to find a strong inner group filled with trust
- 41:39 Reneé recounts a traumatic experience
- 45:16 Stay focused on the love for your family and the special people in your life
- 48:03 How can you escape the self-imposed role of being your own harshest critic?
- 50:46 What would you tell yourself now?
- 52:48 If you could unlearn something from your past, what new knowledge or skill would you want to acquire now?
- 55:16 How can you transform the uncertainties in your life into more positive, joyful experiences?
- 01:17 Renee on Final Five
Want to be a Jay Shetty Certified Life Coach? Get the Digital Guide and Workbook from Jay Shetty https://jayshettypurpose.com/fb-getting-started-as-a-life-coach-podcast/
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.