Revisiting the Case for Climate Optimism
With a potentially split legislature on the horizon, passing climate policy could become a lot more difficult. We revisit a recent show on one piece of policy President Biden was able to get passed: the Inflation Reduction Act. Andy speaks with public policy expert Leah Stokes, who helped craft The IRA’s climate provisions. She explains how the law will transition the economy from fossil fuels to clean energy and get us closer to cutting pollution in half. NASA climatologist Gavin Schmidt tells Andy what actions are needed to prevent further global warming, and how the law could achieve that.
Note: This interview was recorded before the Inflation Reduction Act was passed.
Keep up with Andy on Twitter @ASlavitt.
Joining Lemonada Premium is a great way to support our show and get bonus content. Subscribe today at bit.ly/lemonadapremium.
Support the show by checking out our sponsors!
- CVS Health helps people navigate the healthcare system and their personal healthcare by improving access, lowering costs and being a trusted partner for every meaningful moment of health. At CVS Health, healthier happens together. Learn more at cvshealth.com.
- Click this link for a list of current sponsors and discount codes for this show and all Lemonada shows: https://lemonadamedia.com/sponsors/
Check out these resources from today’s episode:
- Learn about Evergreen Action: https://www.evergreenaction.com/
- Learn about Rewiring America: https://www.rewiringamerica.org/
- Listen to Leah’s podcast, A Matter of Degrees: https://www.degreespod.com/
- Find vaccines, masks, testing, treatments, and other resources in your community: https://www.covid.gov/
- Order Andy’s book, “Preventable: The Inside Story of How Leadership Failures, Politics, and Selfishness Doomed the U.S. Coronavirus Response”: https://us.macmillan.com/books/9781250770165
Stay up to date with us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram at @LemonadaMedia.
For additional resources, information, and a transcript of the episode, visit lemonadamedia.com/show/inthebubble.
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.