Rich Girl Roundup: No Access to a 401(k)? Here's What to Do
Rich Girl Laura V. asks, "How would you recommend strategically investing for retirement if you don’t have access to an employer sponsored account or an HSA?" Katie and Henah walk through your other investment options along with some suggestions to help encourage employers to offer access to retirement plans.
Welcome back to #RichGirlRoundup, Money with Katie's weekly segment where Katie and MWK's Executive Producer Henah answer your burning money questions. Each month, we'll put out a call for questions on her Instagram (@moneywithkatie). New episodes every week.
Reminder: While we love diving into investing- and tax law-related data, we are not financial professionals. We have no formal financial education. We are not financial advisors, portfolio managers, or accountants. This is not financial advice, investing advice, or tax advice. The information on this podcast is for informational and recreational purposes only. Investment products discussed (ETFs, index funds, etc.) are for illustrative purposes only. It is not a recommendation to buy, sell, or otherwise transact in any of the products mentioned. Do your own due diligence. Past performance does not guarantee future returns. Money with Katie, LLC.
Mentioned in the Episode:
- 401(k) contribution limits vs. the IRA contribution limits in 2023: https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/401k-limit-increases-to-22500-for-2023-ira-limit-rises-to-6500
- The Solo 401(k) and SEP IRA: https://moneywithkatie.com/blog/tax-advantaged-retirement-investing-for-the-self-employed-sep-iras-and-solo-401ks
- Gusto study on offering retirement benefits: https://gusto.com/company-news/one-secret-to-retaining-top-talent-offering-retirement-benefits
- WTW survey on retirement benefits: https://www.wtwco.com/en-us/news/2022/04/health-and-retirement-benefits-jump-as-key-reasons-employees-join-or-stay-with-employer
- State-mandated retirement plans: https://www.adp.com/resources/articles-and-insights/articles/s/state-mandated-retirement-plans.aspx
Read Money with Katie: https://moneywithkatie.com/
Follow Money with Katie!
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/moneywithkatie
Twitter - https://twitter.com/moneywithkatie
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices