Rick Astley and the little birdie scam
Australia's signal intelligence agency calls upon an Eighties popstar to fight terrorism, and a simple act of kindness leads to a woman being scammed for thousands.
All this and much more is discussed in the latest edition of the "Smashing Security" podcast by cybersecurity veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault.
Plus - don't miss our featured interview with Max Power of Bitwarden.
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
- Australian cyber-op attacked ISIL with the terrifying power of Rickrolling - The Register.
- “Breaking the code: Cyber Secrets Revealed” - ABC.
- Scam Alert: Woman tries helping injured bird, ends up losing Rs 1 lakh to cyber criminals - MSN News.
- Toll-free Hijack Alert (misdial scam) - AT&T.
- “Connected: the hidden science of everything” - Netflix.
- “Connections” with James Burke - YouTube.
- “I wanna marry Harry” reality show - Wikipedia.
- “Space cadets” reality show - Wikipedia.
- Unreal: A Critical History of Reality TV - Apple Podcasts.
- Famous Studios - Famous Studios website.
- Unreal: A Critical History of Reality TV - BBC Sounds.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Bitwarden – Password security you can trust. Bitwarden is an open source password manager trusted by millions of individuals, teams, and organizations worldwide for secure password storage and sharing.
- Kolide – Kolide ensures that if your device isn’t secure it can’t access your cloud apps. It’s Zero Trust for Okta. Watch a demo today!
- Centripetal – Centripetal’s CleanINTERNET defends your assets from cyber threats by leveraging dynamic threat intelligence on a mass scale.
SUPPORT THE SHOW:
Theme tune: "Vinyl Memories" by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.