Sex + Life in Your 50s w/ Dr. Wednesday Martin
It’s time to debunk the toxic myths around sex and age. Does sexual satisfaction drop off as you get older? Absolutely not! In fact, the data tells us the exact opposite is true. Today, anthropologist, bestselling author and my dear friend Dr. Wednesday Martin and I lay out the facts, which is fitting: we’re both in our fifties! If you’re not in your fifties yet, here’s what you can look forward to. It’s the decade many of us hit the reset button on our sexual desires. It’s the decade you start purely having sex for pleasure. And it’s the decade your confidence and communication get even better because you’ve honed your relationship (and career!) skills. Wednesday and I talk about why your fifties are so sexy, the signs of perimenopause and menopause and how to treat both, and our best advice for younger women.
See the full Show Notes at sexwithemily.com
- The 6 Best Masturbation Toys
- 10 Ways to Use Lube During Sex
- Podcast: Dating Younger Men, Canceling Threesomes: Emily Tells All
- The Menopause Manifesto, Dr. Jen Gunter: Bookshop | Amazon
- Menopocalypse, Amanda Thebe: Bookshop | Amazon
- Womaness (code EMILY for 20% off)
- SHOP WITH EMILY! (free shipping on orders over $69)
- Sex With Emily: Home
- More Sex With Emily: Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | TikTok
- More Dr. Wednesday Martin: Instagram | Twitter | Website (wednesdaymartin.com)
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.