Small Changes, Big Differences – Eating to Lower Cholesterol
Join Dr. Danielle Belardo for the highly anticipated episode on nutrition and lipids. In Part 3 of the cholesterol series, Danielle addresses the impact of diet on cardiovascular disease risk and LDL cholesterol by sharing the key findings from a variety of research papers and studies. The main takeaway is that your overall dietary pattern is what matters most and no one food in one dose will cause disease. So go ahead, be an omnivore, vegan, pescatarian, or whatever works for you, as long as you’re including the advice from today’s episode.
This week Danielle addresses the following questions surrounding nutrition and lipids:
- What is dietary cholesterol and how does it impact lipids?
- How can you lower LDL cholesterol without raising triglycerides and reduce APOE?
- Which interventions lower cardiovascular risk the most?
- Which foods are high in saturated fats and what dietary recommendations lower the risk of atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease and LDL cholesterol?
- Why does polyunsaturated fat lower LDL cholesterol?
- Which oils are better for your lipid levels?
- What is fiber, why is it important in your diet, and how does it lower cholesterol?
- Which foods are packed with viscous fiber, and how much per day should you consume?
- What is a portfolio diet and what kind of impact does it have on LDL cholesterol?
Find all the papers and research studies discussed this week on Instagram @wellnessfvfjournalclub.
Thank you so much for taking the time to contribute to a generation that values fact over fiction! Be sure to rate, review, and follow on your favorite podcast app and let us know which not-so-wellness trend you’d like to hear debunked. Follow your host on Instagram @daniellebelardomd and the podcast @wellnessfactvsfiction
Thank you to our sponsors for making this episode possible. Check out these deals just for you:
COZY EARTH - Go to cozyearth.com and enter WELLNESS at checkout to SAVE thirty-five
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices