Supper Club × Privacy, Cookie Banners, GDPR with Donata and Hans Skillrud
In this supper club episode of Syntax, Wes and Scott talk with Donata and Hans Skillrud of Termageddon on GDPR, privacy policies, cookie pop ups, and the various legal and ethical reasons to implement them properly.
- 00:36 ">00:36 Welcome
- 01:47 ">01:47 Who are Donata and Hans?
- Donata Stroink-Skillrud Esq., CIPP on Twitter
- Hans Skillrud on Twitter
- Termageddon on Instagram
- Termageddon on LinkedIn
- 03:39 ">03:39 What are privacy policies and a terms of service?
- Why accessibility is important when it comes to cookie consent - Termageddon
- 09:15 ">09:15 Does scrolling to the bottom and pretending to read terms work?
- 10:49 ">10:49 Do people ever read the terms of service?
- 15:57 ">15:57 Do companies ever actually get in trouble for violating privacy?
- 20:06 ">20:06 What is GDPR and the impact on small business owners?
- 32:30 ">32:30 Cookie war and pop ups
- 35:40 ">35:40 Essential cookies
- 42:42 ">42:42 Alternatives to Google Analytics
- The Google Analytics alternative without compromise - Fathom Analytics
- Self-hosted website analytics | Ackee
- 43:39 ">43:39 Denying cookies, but still able to create accounts?
- 48:57 ">48:57 Is there legal concerns with AI?
- 56:25 ">56:25 What is Termageddon?
- 58:59 ">58:59 SIIIIICK ××× PIIIICKS ×××
Download from Google Play
Download from App Store