TMHS 591: Get Stronger, More Functional, & Pain-Free - With Nsima Inyang
In the fitness world, there are many misconceptions about what it takes to build a strong body. Some of these myths are so pervasive, they could be holding you back or sabotaging your progress. On today’s show, we’re going to clear the air about what’s actually required to build strength and resilience.
Our guest today is Nsima Inyang. Nsima is a lifting coach, professional natural bodybuilder, elite-level powerlifter, and the co-host of Mark Bell’s Power Project. If there’s anyone who knows how to build strength, it’s Nsima – and in this interview, he’s sharing real-world strategies and empowering mindset shifts on human potential.
On this episode of The Model Health Show, Nsima is sharing practical tactics you can use to build a stronger, more resilient, and more functional body. We’re going to talk about how having strong and functional feet can impact other muscles, the importance of creating resilient knees, and the mental benefits of having a physical outlet. This episode is jam-packed with insights on human strength and performance, so listen in and enjoy the show!
In this episode you’ll discover:
- A huge misconception about gaining muscle and losing fat.
- How much protein you need to eat in order to build muscle.
- Why Nsima decided not to become a doctor.
- The importance of having a physical outlet.
- How movement can be helpful for coping with depression.
- Why walking is such an underrated tool.
- What you need to know about foot functionality.
- Why many muscle imbalances start in the foot.
- Simple habits you can implement to promote foot health.
- How to build stronger, more resilient knees.
- The life-changing mindset shift of not identifying with your injuries.
- Why healing is not linear.
- The importance of building rotational ability.
- How to build habits that support your goals.
- What a white belt mentality is.
- The benefits of walking backward.
- How identifying your weaknesses can make you stronger.
- Why the sky is not the limit.
- Three primary tenets to building a functional body.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Beekeepersnaturals.com/model -- Save 25% on raw honey & other natural remedies!
- Onnit.com/model -- Save an exclusive 10% on performance supplements & tools!
- Ready to Run by Dr. Kelly Starrett
- Correct Toes
- Graham Tuttle, @thebarefootsprinter on Instagram
- Ben Patrick, @kneesovertoesguy on Instagram
- Connect with Nsima Inyang Website / Podcast / Instagram / YouTube / TikTok
Join TMHS Facebook community - Model Nation
Be sure you are subscribed to this podcast to automatically receive your episodes: