TMHS 593: The Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Eating With Friends & Family
The food you eat matters, but have you heard about the importance of eating together? In our ever-increasingly busy culture, the ritual of a family dinner is becoming less common. But a growing body of research shows that sitting down at mealtimes with loved ones can have a dramatic impact on our weight, nutrient status, and happiness.
On this episode of The Model Health Show, you’re going to hear about the benefits of gathering around the dinner table for a family meal. We’re going to dive into the specific studies that affirm the importance of eating meals with your family. You’re going to learn how a shared meal can impact the quality of foods you eat, your health outcomes, and so much more.
At a time when we’re all distracted by busy schedules, buzzing devices, and convenience foods, it’s more important than ever to intentionally set aside time for healthy family routines. In this episode, I’m sharing four practical tips you can use to establish family mealtimes and build a culture of health and connection in your home. Enjoy!
In this episode you’ll discover:
- How many people die from poor diet each year.
- The impact our environment can have on our choices.
- Specific key nutrients that are associated with communal dining.
- Why eating with your family can help you make healthier food choices.
- The connection between childhood health outcomes and family dinners.
- How many times per week (minimum) you should aim to have a family meal.
- What percentage of the average American’s diet is ultra-processed food.
- The link between stress reduction and family meals.
- What percentage of families eat together on a regular basis.
- How eating with others can impact the way your body assimilates food.
- The correlation between eating in front of a screen and increased calorie intake.
- How after-school screentime can impact kids’ food choices.
- The role dopamine plays in our screentime behaviors.
- Four practical tips you can use to reap the benefits of family mealtimes.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Organifi.com/Model -- Use the coupon code MODEL for 20% off!
- Foursigmatic.com/model -- Get an exclusive 10% discount on your daily health elixirs!
- Eat Smarter
Join TMHS Facebook community - Model Nation
Be sure you are subscribed to this podcast to automatically receive your episodes: