TMHS 595: Use These Powerful Tools To Strengthen Your Emotional Agility TODAY - With Dr. Susan David
Your emotional health is a critical part of your overall well-being. People who are emotionally healthy are better able to keep a strong mindset, build resiliency, and handle life’s challenges. On today’s show, you’re going to learn about how navigating your inner world can impact your life.
Our guest today, Dr. Susan David, is one of the world’s foremost experts in emotional agility. She is an award-winning psychologist, a bestselling author, and TED Talk speaker. Her book, Emotional Agility, is a science-based guide to healthier emotions and better communication. On this episode of The Model Health Show, Dr. Susan David is back to share powerful ideas about understanding and processing emotions.
You’re going to learn about coping with stress, labeling your emotions, and living in alignment with your needs and values. Dr. Susan David is sharing life-changing insights on understanding yourself, your psychology, and your emotions so that you can have better health, relationships, and experiences. In an ever-changing world, emotional agility is a necessary skill – and I hope this episode gives you the tools you need to become your best self. Enjoy!
In this episode you’ll discover:
- How our thoughts, emotions, and stories inform our behaviors.
- The importance of understanding our emotions.
- Why our emotions are the most powerful resource we can have.
- What it means to have stress that is values concordant.
- The power in understanding your relationship with stress.
- What it means to over-identify with a part of yourself.
- The problem with labeling emotions as good or bad.
- How accurately identifying your emotions can change your life.
- What emotional granularity is.
- The problem with the feminization of emotions.
- What a display rule is.
- How to avoid emotional fusion in yourself and your children.
- What the Zulu greeting “Sawubona” means.
- How our emotions act as signposts.
- Why your emotions are data.
- The role of compassion and curiosity when it comes to understanding emotions.
- What it means to develop a board of advisors.
- How to connect with your core.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Beekeepersnaturals.com/model -- Save 25% on raw honey & other natural remedies!
- Onnit.com/model -- Save an exclusive 10% on performance supplements & tools!
- Emotional Agility by Dr. Susan David
- The Gift and Power of Emotional Courage – TEDTalk by Dr. Susan David
- Emotional Agility Quiz
- Connect with Dr. Susan David Website / Facebook / Instagram / Twitter
Join TMHS Facebook community - Model Nation
Be sure you are subscribed to this podcast to automatically receive your episodes: