TMHS 598: Secrets To Unlocking Your Best Physique - With Gunnar Peterson
Most folks training the gym are there for one reason: to look good. While there’s nothing inherently wrong with wanting to build a fit, aesthetically pleasing body, it’s not the only reason you should work out. Becoming a stronger and healthier version of yourself is about much more than what your abs look like; it’s also about your mindset, your routines around sleep and nutrition, and your functionality on an everyday basis.
Today’s guest, Gunnar Peterson, is a personal trainer who is recognized for working with professional athletes and celebrities. What I love about his approach is his focus on movements that are critical whether you’re in the gym, in a championship game, or just everyday life. With nearly 30 years in the industry with a focus on functional training modalities, Gunnar is an expert in all things fitness. In this interview, he’s sharing the best principles for building a strong and functional body.
Interviewing Gunnar has been a goal of mine from the beginning of The Model Health Show, and this experience did not disappoint! On this episode, you’re going to hear Gunnar’s background and how he started working with celebrities, the importance of sustainability in any health practice, the power of consistency and intentionality, and so much more. Gunnar is bringing so much knowledge and value to this interview, and I hope this message resonates with you. Enjoy!
In this episode you’ll discover:
- How having information can help you avoid being a victim.
- Why Gunnar doesn’t take credit for his clients’ results.
- The power of consistency in fitness.
- Why the gym is the fairest place in the world.
- The importance of recognizing your wins.
- How a childlike curiosity can help you excel in any field.
- Gunnar’s story of becoming a trainer and cultivating his education.
- Why personal training is a service.
- The origin story of the toilet In Gunnar’s squat rack.
- Why sustainability is the key to any health goal.
- The three reasons why people work out.
- How focusing on performance in training can improve your everyday life.
- The evolution of beauty standards and the ideal body.
- What an auditory diet is and why it matters.
- Why you should work your body every day.
- Which specific movements Gunnar has all his clients doing.
- The importance of having a flexible training plan.
- Why you should check in with your body regularly.
- The benefits of working with a professional trainer.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Onnit.com/model -- Save an exclusive 10% on performance supplements & tools!
- Beekeepersnaturals.com/model -- Save 25% on raw honey & other natural remedies!
- G-Force by Gunnar Peterson
- Connect with Gunnar Peterson Website / Instagram
Join TMHS Facebook community - Model Nation
Be sure you are subscribed to this podcast to automatically receive your episodes: