TMHS 600: 5 Essential Ways To Upgrade Your Health & Fitness
What if you could transform your health with a handful of simple, practical steps? Many people believe the myth that a radical, difficult lifestyle change is the only route to wellness. However, the key to health is rarely found in cutting out food groups, shady detox products, or logging hours on the treadmill. Often, it’s the most simple and sustainable changes that lead to lasting results.
On today’s show, I’m sharing the full story of my personal health transformation, including my diagnosis and the journey of mindset shifts and behavior changes that led to results. Specifically, you’re going to learn five specific and practical steps you can take to gain control over your health. These five action steps are attainable, realistic, and you can implement them starting today.
Whether your goal is to change your body composition, minimize symptoms, or reverse chronic illness, these five action steps can help you achieve results. I hope this episode resonates with you and leaves you feeling empowered. So listen in, take good notes, and enjoy the show!
In this episode you’ll discover:
- The first thing I learned in my university nutrition class.
- My health history, including my diagnosis and healing.
- How the placebo effect works.
- The power of seeking a second opinion in our healthcare system.
- What instinctive elaboration is.
- How our bodies are literally made from food.
- Which vitamins and minerals are integral for bone health.
- What bioavailability means.
- How processed foods can impact our metabolic function.
- Why the model of calories in, calories out is an oversimplification.
- The relationship between processed food consumption and cancer risk.
- Which bodily processes that water is responsible for.
- The two most water-dominant organs in the body.
- What water-induced thermogenesis is.
- The importance of moving your body for vitality and not for vanity.
- How to slowly incorporate movement into your routine if you’re sedentary.
- The vital connection between sleep and healing.
- How your sleep quality directly impacts your immune function.
- Which preventable disease is the number one cause of death in the US.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Organifi.com/Model -- Use the coupon code MODEL for 20% off!
- DrinkLMNT.com/model -- Get a FREE sample pack with any order!
- The Science of Body Fat & Epicaloric Controllers – Episode 530
- Eat Smarter
- Sleep Smarter
Join TMHS Facebook community - Model Nation
Be sure you are subscribed to this podcast to automatically receive your episodes: