TMHS 607: The Inflammation-Obesity Connection & How To Upgrade Your Brain Health
Inflammation is a necessary part of human biology. It’s a critical function of our immune response that allows us to heal infections and overcome viruses. In fact, inflammation is one of the key components that has allowed us to evolve to this point.
Chronic inflammation, on the other hand, is one of the greatest threats to human health. Chronic inflammation is at the root of most chronic conditions, including cancer, diabetes, and cardiovascular diseases. On today’s show, you’re going to learn exactly what inflammation is, how it occurs in the body and its connection with obesity.
This episode is my interview with Lewis Howes on his podcast, The School of Greatness. You’ll hear key insights on neuroinflammation, the science on sleep and cognitive function, and the necessary components for optimal brain function. There are so many powerful insights and impactful takeaways in this interview. So listen in and enjoy this episode from The School of Greatness Podcast!
In this episode you’ll discover:
- The root of the word inflammation.
- An important distinction between acute and chronic inflammation.
- How getting adequate sleep can help you reach optimal body composition.
- The connection between quality sleep and cognitive performance.
- What the glymphatic system is.
- The number one driving force of the human psyche.
- Why change can be so uncomfortable.
- How the human brain can sync up with others.
- The dangers of neuroinflammation.
- How brain inflammation and obesity create a vicious cycle.
- What hypothalamic inflammation is.
- How your beliefs can affect the way your body processes food.
- The best time to consume indulgent food.
- Three things that can break down the blood-brain barrier.
- What structural fats are.
- The three primary fats that make up the brain.
- Why DHA and EPA are critical for brain health.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- PiqueLife.com/model -- Use code MODEL at checkout for 10% off!
- DrinkLMNT.com/model -- Get a FREE sample pack with any order!
- Role of the vagus nerve in the development and treatment of obesity
- COVID-19 Associated Hospitalizations
- COVID-19 Demographics
- Underlying Medical Conditions Among Adults Hospitalized with COVID-19
- The School of Greatness Podcast with Lewis Howes
- Eat Smarter
- Sleep Smarter
Join TMHS Facebook community - Model Nation
Be sure you are subscribed to this podcast to automatically receive your episodes: