TMHS 615: Use These Exercise Tips To Get Fit Fast (Even If You Have A Busy Schedule!) - With Kelsey Heenan
Between work and family responsibilities, most of us have a full schedule—and when life gets especially busy, exercise can often be the first thing to fall off your list of priorities. But you don’t need to spend hours in the gym every day to reap the multitude of benefits that come from adding movement to your routine. On today’s show, you’re going to learn about the best exercises to incorporate for maximum benefits if you’re short on time.
Today’s guest, Kelsey Heenan, is a fitness expert and the co-founder of HIITBURN. Kelsey has worked with folks from various backgrounds and fitness levels, including professional athletes and Olympians. Her approach to exercise and nutrition is centered around freedom, balance, and sustainability. On this episode of The Model Health Show, Kelsey is back to share her best tips to not only transform your body composition, but to upgrade your confidence and mindset as well.
You’re going to learn about the various benefits of interval training, and why foundational movements are often the most impactful. Kelsey is sharing insights on building confidence through creating habits, and how to get the most bang for your buck with your workouts. We’re also talking about consistency, accountability, and how to find a way of eating that works for you. Enjoy!
In this episode you’ll discover:
- How resistance training can impact your brain plasticity.
- The most important thing to consider when choosing what type of exercise to do.
- Why interval training is a great solution for folks with limited time.
- A huge misconception about high-intensity interval training.
- The benefits of using foundational movements in your training program.
- How to measure your progress holistically.
- The connection between developing skills and building confidence.
- Why having respect for your body is so important.
- How walking can help increase fat loss.
- A great exercise for improving muscle imbalances.
- How having a community can improve your consistency.
- Why habits supersede motivation.
- How to learn how to do pull-ups.
- The power of the mind-muscle connection.
- How to create awareness around your relationship with food.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- PiqueLife.com/model -- Use code MODEL at checkout for 10% off!
- Onnit.com/model -- Save an exclusive 10% on performance supplements & tools!
- The Muscle-Brain Connection – Episode 331
- Functional Training & Developing Body Awareness with Eric Leija – Episode 337
- Stronger Than Ever
- HIITBURN on Instagram
- Connect with Kelsey Heenan Website / Instagram
Join TMHS Facebook community - Model Nation
Be sure you are subscribed to this podcast to automatically receive your episodes: