TMHS 620: The Truth About Menopause, Andropause, & Optimizing Hormone Health – with Dr. Anna Cabeca
Throughout our lives, our hormones are constantly fluctuating. Specifically, as we age, our hormone levels tend to dramatically change. And while these shifts are a natural part of our life cycle, it doesn’t mean we’re destined to live with symptoms like poor mood or decreased energy forever.
On today’s show, you’re going to learn from hormone expert and triple board-certified OBGYN, Dr. Anna Cabeca. In her new book, MenuPause, she shares how to use food as medicine to reduce the symptoms of menopause like weight gain, brain fog, and hot flashes. Dr. Anna takes a well-rounded, holistic approach to healing, and she has helped thousands of folks reach optimal health through improved hormone levels.
No matter what stage of life you’re in, understanding how your hormones work is critical. This episode is full of key insights and actionable steps you can take to balance your hormones and feel your best. You’re going to learn about the relationship between some of our most important hormones, specific foods to eat to support hormone health, and so much more. I hope you enjoy this episode with the amazing Dr. Anna Cabeca!
In this episode you’ll discover:
- Why our hormones are energetic molecules.
- What the hormone hierarchy is and how it works.
- The most important hormone in the human body.
- How oxytocin operates in the body.
- The effects stress can have on our hormones.
- Dr. Anna’s personal journey of undergoing menopause twice.
- The relationship between cortisol and our reproductive hormones.
- Why cortisol impacts oxytocin.
- What your urine pH can tell you about your overall health.
- The connection between nutrient-rich foods, the microbiome, and health.
- One of the first dietary changes Dr. Anna implements in her patients.
- The relationship between aging and insulin resistance.
- How insulin resistance can contribute to hot flashes.
- The problem with replacing testosterone.
- Why intermittent fasting is helpful for optimal brain function.
- How menopause symptoms can be alleviated with a ketogenic diet.
- What the side effects of hormone replacement therapy are.
- The best foods to support hormone health.
- Why alkalinizing the body is the key to optimal health.
- What andropause is.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- PaleoValley.com/model -- Use code MODEL at checkout for 15% off!
- Organifi.com/Model -- Use the coupon code MODEL for 20% off!
- MenuPause by Dr. Anna Cabeca
- The Hormone Fix by Dr. Anna Cabeca
- Keto-Green 16 by Dr. Anna Cabeca
- Receive 10% off all Dr. Anna Cabeca's supplements and products right here
- Connect with Dr. Anna Cabeca Website / Podcast / Instagram / Facebook
Join TMHS Facebook community - Model Nation
Be sure you are subscribed to this podcast to automatically receive your episodes: