TMHS 623: Why Mismanagement Of The Human Mind Is Creating A New Mental Health Epidemic - With Dr. Caroline Leaf
We’ve come a long way when it comes to understanding mental health, but just like many other areas of science and biology, we still have a lot to learn. As rates of anxiety, depression, and suicide skyrocket, it’s more important than ever to have conversations about mental health. It’s even more imperative that those conversations are centered around knowledge and empowerment, and that’s what I love about today’s guest.
Dr. Caroline Leaf is a cognitive neuroscientist and bestselling author who specializes in mind management. Today she’s back on The Model Health Show to share the importance of managing your mind, and specific details on how the human mind actually works. You’ll learn why mental health is a prerequisite for overall health, how toxic thoughts create inflammation, and the interesting science behind how your environment influences your mind.
This episode is full of enlightening conversations like the concept of human consciousness and biofield, polypharmacy and what’s behind Americans’ declining life expectancy, and how managing our emotions can increase immune function. You’ll learn about the epigenetic controllers of mental health, and the five-step process you can use to change the way you think. I hope you enjoy this interview with Dr. Caroline Leaf!
In this episode you’ll discover:
- An important distinction between the brain and the mind.
- How the mind-brain-body connection works.
- The three parts of the mind.
- What percentage of the mind is your consciousness.
- How the non-conscious mind works.
- The impact your environment has on your non-conscious mind.
- How your mind can affect the way your body absorbs nutrition.
- Why reframing how you define success is critical.
- How toxic thoughts can upset your body’s balance.
- An important conversation on human lifespan & increasing rates of disease.
- The role environment plays in mental health.
- How to change your brain and immune function.
- What influence genetics has on depression.
- The connection between inflammation, stress hormones, & thoughts.
- How our compartmentalized healthcare system isolates the mind.
- Five steps of the Neurocycle.
- The power of utilizing instinctive elaboration intentionally.
- Why failure is a misnomer.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- DrinkLMNT.com/model -- Get a FREE sample pack with any order!
- Foursigmatic.com/model -- Get an exclusive 10% discount on your daily health elixirs!
- Cleaning Up Your Mental Mess by Dr. Caroline Leaf
- Switch On Your Brain by Dr. Caroline Leaf
- Think & Eat Yourself Smart by Dr. Caroline Leaf
- How to Reprogram Your Brain to Make Healthy Choices – Episode 616
- Connect with Dr. Caroline Leaf Website / Podcast /Facebook / Instagram
Join TMHS Facebook community - Model Nation
Be sure you are subscribed to this podcast to automatically receive your episodes: