TMHS 625: The Truth About The U.S. Healthcare System & How To Personalize Your Intermittent Fasting Program – with Cynthia Thurlow
Medical interventions, including prescription medications, can be effective solutions in the right context. But in our current healthcare system, we’re simply treating symptoms and overlooking the powerful lifestyle tools we have at our disposal. There is an undeniable connection between our health outcomes and our daily practices, including diet, sleep, and movement.
Today’s guest, Cynthia Thurlow, is passionate about empowering folks to live vibrant and healthy lives through nutrition. She is a nurse practitioner, international speaker, and a thought leader in the space of intermittent fasting and women’s health. In her bestselling book, Intermittent Fasting Transformation, Cynthia outlines an individualized approach to weight loss and hormone balance through intermittent fasting.
On this episode of The Model Health Show, Cynthia is sharing incredible insights into her experience in the U.S. healthcare system, both as a provider and a patient. We’ll talk about the numerous health benefits of intermittent fasting, and how to find an approach that works for you. This episode contains conversations on gut health, fasting for women, how to hit your nutritional goals, and so much more. I hope you enjoy this interview with the amazing Cynthia Thurlow!
In this episode you’ll discover:
- The effects that intermittent fasting has on insulin resistance.
- Why breakfast is not the most important meal of the day.
- How blood sugar levels impact metabolic health.
- What autophagy is.
- The difference between acute and chronic inflammation.
- How low insulin levels can improve mental clarity.
- The problem with industrial seed oils in our food supply.
- How gut health and the microbiome are influenced by intermittent fasting.
- The two groups that typically have the easiest adjustment to fasting.
- When women should fast (& when they should not).
- Cynthia’s personal experience with illness, hospitalization, and surgery.
- Why patient advocacy is so critical.
- What true informed consent is.
- The difference between digestive rest and fasting.
- Why eating sufficient protein is important for metabolic health and longevity.
- The problem with the OMAD fasting schedule.
- An important conversation on animal protein vs. plant protein.
- Why you shouldn’t be dogmatic about your diet.
- The holes in our healthcare system, and how providers can truly help patients.
- Details of Cynthia’s 45-day Intermittent Fasting Transformation.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- PiqueTea.com/model -- Use code MODEL at checkout for 10% off!
- DrinkLMNT.com/model -- Get a FREE sample pack with any order!
- Intermittent Fasting Transformation by Cynthia Thurlow NP
- Surviving to Thriving – TEDxTalk by Cynthia Thurlow
- Intermittent Fasting: Transformational Technique – TEDxTalk by Cynthia Thurlow
- Salt Sugar Fat by Michael Moss
- Intermittent Fasting Lifestyle Facebook Group
- Connect with Cynthia Thurlow Website / Podcast / Instagram / Twitter
Join TMHS Facebook community - Model Nation
Be sure you are subscribed to this podcast to automatically receive your episodes: