TMHS 629: How Stress Controls Biology & How To Achieve Your Thrive State - With Dr. Kien Vuu
There’s a profound paradox in America. Despite spending trillions of dollars on healthcare every single year, our citizens are sicker than ever. Our rates of chronic illnesses are skyrocketing at an alarming rate, and our lifespan is now on the decline. Today you’re going to hear realistic, empowering changes you can personally implement to increase your vitality and lifespan, and how to contribute to a culture of health.
Our guest on this episode is Dr. Kien Vuu, or Doctor V. Doctor V is one of the most sought-after anti-aging physicians in the country and the bestselling author of Thrive State. Not only does Doctor V possess an incredible education and expertise in the field of longevity and vitality, but he also has a personal story of reclaiming his health and recovering from multiple chronic illnesses.
In this interview, you’re going to learn empowering information about telomeres, epigenetics, and the impacts of stress on the body. Doctor V is sharing his five keys to improving health and longevity, and his personal story of changing his lifestyle habits. You’ll hear conversations about the US healthcare system, the powerful way emotions impact immune function, and so much more. Enjoy!
In this episode you’ll discover:
- The difference between biological age and chronological age.
- Dr. Vuu’s history, including how he became a doctor and how he got sick.
- How our lifestyle choices impact our genetic expression.
- What disease of consciousness means.
- The science of epigenetics, and the role your environment plays in your health.
- Five keys to living a longer, healthier life.
- What telomeres are, and how your choices impact them.
- The connection between chronic stress and chronic illnesses.
- What the CTRA is.
- How limiting beliefs can change your biology.
- What the default mode network is.
- How one encounter with a terminal patient changed Doctor V’s perspective.
- Sustainable habits Doctor V implemented to lose 40 pounds and reverse disease.
- Two simple nutritional changes you can make to feel better.
- What peptides are, plus specific classes and their benefits.
- The powerful connection between emotion, inflammation, and immune function.
- How placebos work, and how your feelings can dictate your outcomes.
- Specific inflammatory markers than can be improved with emotions like gratitude.
- A simple framework for improving mental health.
- The power of taking space to respond and reflect.
- How the new culture of health is elevating humanity.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- PiqueLife.com/model -- Use code MODEL at checkout for 10% off!
- Foursigmatic.com/model -- Get an exclusive 10% discount on your daily health elixirs!
- Thrive State by Dr. Kien Vuu
- The Blue Zones by Dan Buettner
- The Telomere Effect by Dr. Elizabeth Blackburn & Dr. Elissa Epel
- Connect with Dr. Kien Vuu Website / Podcast / Facebook / Instagram
Join TMHS Facebook community - Model Nation
Be sure you are subscribed to this podcast to automatically receive your episodes: