TMHS 635: Why Improving Mental Health Is The Key To Solving Our World’s Biggest Conflicts - With Zachary Levi
Developing healthy habits and routines often comes down to self-love. Because when you truly care for yourself, it’s often reflected in the way you eat, move, sleep, and think. Today’s guest, Zachary Levi, is here to share his personal journey of learning to accept himself, heal from trauma, and pursue a fulfilling and meaningful life.
Zachary Levi is a critically acclaimed actor, dancer, singer, and the author of the bestselling book, Radical Love. He is an advocate for mental health, and in Radical Love, he details his intensive life-saving therapy and the valuable lessons and insights that changed his life.
In this interview, we’re diving deep into topics like self-love, how social media and technology impact our mental health, and how to understand and accept trauma. We’re going to talk about accountability, forgiveness, and so much more. When we build self-love and self-acceptance, we’re better able to extend that to others and I hope that’s what you’ll gain from this episode. Enjoy!
In this episode you’ll discover:
- How epigenetic controllers from your environment can dictate your outcomes.
- What’s at the core of poor physical health.
- How trauma can impact our performance.
- Why the concept of love is so misunderstood in our society.
- The impact of practicing self-love.
- How working on yourself can lead to better opportunities.
- Why ego is a survival mechanism.
- How simplicity and connection contribute to true happiness.
- The importance of being able to step outside of your thoughts.
- The power of vulnerability.
- What it means to radically understand and forgive others.
- The definition of radical love.
- How our bipartisan political model keeps us divided.
- The importance of holding people, companies, and industries accountable.
- Pros and cons of social media on our mental health.
- How to stop comparing yourself & how to tap into your inner self.
- Zachary’s experience playing Kurt Warner in American Underdog.
- The power of prayer and meditation.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Foursigmatic.com/model -- Get an exclusive 10% discount on your daily health elixirs!
- DrinkLMNT.com/model -- Get a FREE sample pack for the cost of shipping!
- Radical Love by Zachary Levi
- American Underdog
- Connect with Zachary Levi Twitter / Instagram
Join TMHS Facebook community - Model Nation
Be sure you are subscribed to this podcast to automatically receive your episodes: