TMHS 645: Cracking the Cardio Code, Family Health, & Building Better Glutes – with Don Saladino
With the New Year upon us, a lot of people are gearing up to make monumental shifts in their nutrition and fitness habits. But statistics show that most folks don’t sustain their resolutions for longer than a few months. What can we do to improve our habits without setting goals that are destined to fail? My friend, Don Saladino, knows a thing or two about transforming physiques and getting in the right mindset to improve your health.
Don Saladino is a coach and fitness and entrepreneur who has worked with numerous celebrities and professional athletes to take their fitness to the next level. What I love about Don is that although he knows what it takes to train like a superhero, he is also a big believer in consistent and sustainable habits for everyday people. On today’s show, Don is sharing how to maximize your results and change your habits in a real, accessible manner.
In this interview, Don is sharing so many useful tips on topics like the right way to incorporate cardio into your routine, building a culture of health and fitness in your family, and the best exercises for building stronger glutes. We’re going to talk about the connection between exercise and aging, the basic tenets of a healthy diet framework, and a whole lot more. I hope this episode inspires you to create change in a realistic way and to set goals that you can approach no matter the date on the calendar. Enjoy!
In this episode you’ll discover:
- How many steps you should aim to take per day.
- Three different types of cardio, and when to utilize each.
- How your stress levels should influence your training methods.
- What one of the top causes of injuries during workouts is.
- The importance of earning the right to do certain movements.
- What a rest day looks like for Don.
- How to take a minimalistic approach to training.
- Why consistency trumps intensity.
- The crucial lifestyle factors that impact your results.
- How to empower your children to make healthy choices.
- Why strength and resiliency are important goals as we age.
- The foundational tenets of a healthy diet.
- Why strength training is essential for women.
- The best foundational movements for glute development.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Onnit.com/model -- Save an exclusive 10% on performance supplements & tools!
- Organifi.com/Model -- Use the coupon code MODEL for 20% off!
- Dailydoselife.com -- Use code SHAWN20 for 20% off Daily Dose meal plans!
- Connect with Don Saladino Website / Instagram
Join TMHS Facebook community - Model Nation
Be sure you are subscribed to this podcast to automatically receive your episodes: