TMHS 660: 5 Ways That Love Affects Your Health
Humans are social creatures that thrive with social support and community. It’s no surprise that healthy relationships, in any context, can have beneficial effects on our overall health and well-being. Today you’re going to learn five clinically proven ways that love affects your health, including your body composition, stress levels, cardiovascular health, and mental health.
We’re going to dive into the research on the link between love and longevity, as well as how your relationships impact your risk for diseases like heart disease and dementia. You’ll learn how healthy relationships can improve your resilience to stress and response to pain. You’re going to hear how love can promote brain health and even support your health goals.
You’ll learn how your brain chemistry reacts to love, and how your body composition can be impacted by the evolution of your relationships. No matter your current relationship status, this episode can help you improve your health through your connections with those around you. I hope you enjoy this episode of The Model Health Show!
In this episode you’ll discover:
- How many people die annually from heart disease.
- The association between being married and heart disease risk factors.
- What broken heart syndrome is.
- The protective effects love has on the human cardiovascular system.
- How new love can reduce appetite and lower insulin sensitivity.
- Why having a supportive partner can be an important factor in weight loss.
- The difference between initial chemistry and mature love.
- How to create a culture of health within your relationship.
- The connection between falling in love and immune function.
- How love impacts brain function and mental health.
- The amazing science behind the heart-brain.
- What the tube torus is.
- The surprising connection between dementia risk and relationship status.
- What the number one predictor of your health and longevity is.
- How a strong relationship can act as a stress reliever.
- Why you should diversify your sources of love and connection.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Foursigmatic.com/model -- Get an exclusive 10% discount on your daily health elixirs!
- Ettitude.com/model -- Use the coupon code model15 for 15% off organic bedding!
- Strengthen Your Emotional Agility with Dr. Susan David – Episode 595
- The #1 Controller of Human Health with Dr. Robert Waldinger – Episode 651
Join TMHS Facebook community - Model Nation
Be sure you are subscribed to this podcast to automatically receive your episodes: