TMHS 670: Eat These Foods to Support Fat Loss – with Dr. William Li
When struggling with their weight, most folks are quick to point a finger at their slow or broken metabolism. But so many of our commonly accepted perceptions about metabolism are not actually rooted in science. The truth is the human metabolism and body fat are designed to work in our favor. They are powerful tools that we can harness to promote immune function, longevity, and vibrancy.
Today, I’m excited to share this interview with Dr. William Li about his research on how to eat to support metabolic health. Dr. Li is a world-renowned physician, scientist, a New York Times bestselling author, and the president and medical director of the Angiogenesis Foundation. In his new book, Eat to Beat Your Diet, Dr. Li outlines the exciting new science of body fat, metabolism, and weight loss.
On this episode, you’re going to learn about specific foods you can include in your diet to support your metabolism, aid in fat loss, and optimize your health. Dr. Li is sharing fascinating new science on how fat cells operate, the lifespan of the human metabolism, and how eating simple, accessible foods can restore your body. Enjoy!
In this episode you’ll discover:
- The origins of fat in the human body, and how fat cells grow.
- Why our metabolism requires fat.
- The difference between normal body fat and excess body fat.
- Why fat is an endocrine organ.
- How inflammation impacts the metabolism.
- Three important hormones that are produced by normal, healthy fat cells.
- The relationship between insulin and fat burning.
- Specific foods that have anti-angiogenesis properties.
- The truth about eating soy.
- What the processed food continuum is.
- How curcumin helps the body burn stored fat.
- The exciting new science behind stem cells in body fat.
- How hydroxytyrosol in olive oil can reprogram the stem cells in fat.
- The health benefits of goji berries.
- Which whole foods have anti-oxidative properties.
- How methylation works.
- The surprising link between body fat and the immune system.
- Which seafood sources are best for fighting body fat.
- Four stages of human metabolism.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- PaleoValley.com/model -- Use code MODEL for 15% off!
- Organifi.com/Model -- Use the coupon code MODEL for 20% off!
- Eat to Beat Your Diet by Dr. William Li
- Eat to Beat Disease by Dr. William Li
- Connect with Dr. William Li Website / Facebook / Twitter / Instagram
Join TMHS Facebook community - Model Nation
Be sure you are subscribed to this podcast to automatically receive your episodes: