TMHS 677: The Connection Between Hormone Health, Sexual Health, & Metabolism - With Dr. Anna Cabeca
Our hormones are an integral part of our overall health. And while you might hear phrases about mood swings or hormones being “out of whack,” most folks have little understanding about the network of hormones in our body and the critical roles they play. Here to break down the importance of hormones is Dr. Anna Cabeca.
Dr. Anna Cabeca is a hormone expert, triple board-certified OBGYN, and the author of The Hormone Fix. She’s back on The Model Health Show to demystify hormones like oxytocin, cortisol, and insulin. We’re diving into how your hormones impact everything from sexual desire to sleep and mood.
You’re going to learn about how unbalanced hormones can contribute to weight gain, how to create morning and evening routines that support hormone health, and specific ways to improve your sexual function and drive. We’ll also discuss hormonal shifts like menopause, simple lifestyle habits you can implement to optimize your hormonal health, and so much more. Dr. Cabeca has a wealth of knowledge in the field of hormones, and I know you’re going to have some key takeaways from this episode. Enjoy!
In this episode you’ll discover:
- How our metabolism changes as we age.
- Why hormonal changes during menopause can cause weight gain.
- What obesogens are.
- The importance of eliminating exposure to hormone disruptors.
- What it means to have the second spring of your life.
- The benefits of quality sleep, and how to improve it.
- Supplements for supporting sleep during perimenopause.
- The health benefits of maca.
- Three factors that can interfere with our sexual drive.
- What the oxytocin gap is.
- How to increase oxytocin levels naturally.
- The different ways men and women are affected by oxytocin.
- Three primary reasons couples end up in a sexless marriage.
- The difference between primary and secondary sexual desire.
- Two secrets Dr. Cabeca wants men and women to know about each other.
- How insulin sensitivity impacts hormone levels.
- Why dietary fat is key to healthy hormones.
- The connection between gluconeogenesis and estrogen.
- How reducing inflammation can support metabolic health.
- The best foods to increase oxytocin.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- DrinkLMNT.com/model -- Get a FREE sample pack with any order!
- PaleoValley.com/model -- Use code MODEL for 15% off!
- MenuPause by Dr. Anna Cabeca
- The Hormone Fix by Dr. Anna Cabeca
- Sexual CPR by Dr. Anna Cabeca
- Mighty Maca
- Sleep Smarter
- Connect with Dr. Anna Cabeca Website / Podcast / Instagram / Facebook
Join TMHS Facebook community - Model Nation
Be sure you are subscribed to this podcast to automatically receive your episodes: