TMHS 679: Improve Your Adrenals & Thyroid Health to Improve Your Metabolism – with Dr. Izabella Wentz
In our fast-paced, modern society, it’s not uncommon to experience low energy, high stress, and trouble sleeping. If you struggle with symptoms like poor sleep or stress management, you might be among the thousands of folks who are suffering from adrenal dysfunction. And unfortunately, conventional medicine tends to dismiss symptoms of adrenal fatigue as normal or deny the existence of adrenal fatigue altogether.
On today’s show, you’re going to learn about the role and importance of the adrenal glands for overall health and vitality. You’ll hear about the relationship between thyroid health and adrenal health, the causes of adrenal dysfunction, and simple, realistic lifestyle habits you can implement to restore adrenal health. Our guest, Dr. Izabella Wentz, is an integrative pharmacist who is passionate about helping patients find the root cause of symptoms that hold them back from thriving.
Dr. Wentz is back on The Model Health Show to share her expertise on adrenal health, thyroid health, and how they impact multiple functions and processes in the body. You’re going to learn what the adrenal glands are, how they can become imbalanced, and the best practices for creating a healthier, more resilient stress response in your body. I hope you enjoy this interview with the brilliant Dr. Izabella Wentz!
In this episode you’ll discover:
- What the HPA axis is, and its connection to metabolic health.
- Two of the most important glands for our metabolism.
- The numerous roles and responsibilities of the thyroid gland.
- Common symptoms of thyroid dysfunction.
- How Dr. Wentz became interested in studying thyroid health.
- The connection between thyroid health and adrenal health.
- How thyroid hormones work.
- The symptoms of adrenal dysfunction.
- How stress can trigger adrenal dysfunction.
- The impacts stress has on cortisol production.
- Why women are more likely to have thyroid conditions and adrenal dysfunction.
- How to use safety signals to help your body feel safe.
- The role sleep plays in adrenal health.
- Specific foundational nutrients to restore adrenal health.
- The importance of incorporating pleasurable activity into your day.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- PaleoValley.com/model -- Use code MODEL for 15% off!
- DrinkLMNT.com/model -- Get a FREE sample pack with any order!
- Heal Your Thyroid with the Hashimoto’s Protocol with Dr. Izabella Wentz – Episode 220
- Adrenal Transformation Protocol by Dr. Izabella Wentz
- Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis by Dr. Izabella Wentz
- The ABCs of Adrenals
- Connect with Dr. Izabella Wentz Website / Facebook / Instagram
Join TMHS Facebook community - Model Nation
Be sure you are subscribed to this podcast to automatically receive your episodes: