TMHS 680: How to Heal Faster, Perform Better, & Live Longer – with Jill Miller
We all encounter stress regularly in some capacity. Whether you have past traumas, injuries, or the stress of daily routines, our bodies can easily become overwhelmed by absorbing the hits and blows of life. And while stressful events are often avoidable, what we can focus on is building stronger, more resilient bodies that can recover from whatever life throws our way.
Today’s guest is world-renowned coach and fascia expert, Jill Miller. Jill has over 30 years of experience studying corrective movement. She’s here to share her expertise on posture and movement, how to recover faster, and how to build a resilient body with principles from her book, Body by Breath.
We’re going to cover the anatomy of the diaphragm, the power of breath, and how to tap into true healing by connecting with your body. You’ll learn about connecting with your parasympathetic nervous system, the body’s natural relaxation response, how to optimize your diaphragm, and so much more! So listen in, take some notes, and enjoy the show!
In this episode you’ll discover:
- What true recovery looks like.
- Four main tools you can use to increase your parasympathetic tolerance.
- Why your breath is a built-in reset button.
- How the human diaphragm works.
- The connection between your breath and your mindset.
- What nasal laterality is.
- How the diaphragm impacts core strength and posture.
- The role the diaphragm plays during childbirth.
- How many reps per day the diaphragm performs.
- The connection between the heart and the diaphragm.
- Jill’s personal experience with healing and connecting with her body.
- How proprioception and interoception work.
- What fascia is.
- The number of neurons in fascia tissues.
- How to improve posture.
- What it means to be resilient.
- The 5 Ps of the parasympathetic nervous system.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Ettitude.com/model -- Use the coupon code model15 for 15% off organic bedding!
- Onnit.com/model -- Save an exclusive 10% on performance supplements & tools!
- Body by Breath by Jill Miller
- Roll Model by Jill Miller
- The Mind vs. The Brain with Dr. Caroline Leaf – Episode 463
- Connect with Jill Miller Website / Facebook / Instagram
Join TMHS Facebook community - Model Nation
Be sure you are subscribed to this podcast to automatically receive your episodes: