TMHS 705: How Your Thoughts Create Your Brain & The Key To Helping Kids Improve Their Mental Health - With Dr. Caroline Leaf
Mental health issues aren’t just reserved for adults. Unfortunately, the rates of anxiety, depression, and suicide have increased across the board in our youth. Protecting the health and well-being of our children is of upmost importance, and today’s episode highlights the urgency of using science-based principles to address the growing epidemic of mental health issues in children.
Dr. Caroline Leaf is a brilliant cognitive neuroscientist, best-selling author, and mind expert with decades of experience in helping folks harness the power of their minds to live their best lives. Today, she’s back on The Model Health Show to share important and timely insights on helping our children develop their resiliency, manage their emotions, and improve their mental health.
This interview contains necessary conversations on modeling mind management to our children and how to approach mental health as a parent. You’ll learn how to redefine the way you think about thoughts, emotions, and even diagnostic labels. Dr. Leaf is an incredible resource in the field of mental health, and I know her insights and research will resonate with you. Enjoy!
In this episode you’ll discover:
- What psychoneurobiology is.
- The critical connection between the brain and the mind.
- Why your mind is your life force.
- A history of mental health conditions in children.
- Why our mental health crisis is due to mind mismanagement.
- What the human biofield is.
- The different components of the human mind, and their roles.
- Why your thoughts are physical entities.
- The role that empowerment plays in suicide rates.
- How a negative thought is like a virus.
- The importance of building psychological resilience.
- A difference between helicopter parenting and safety net parenting.
- The right way to utilize cognitive behavioral therapy.
- How to model mind management to your children.
- What the five-step Neurocycle is.
- Why our emotions are useful signals.
- The role of psychiatric drugs and an important message on withdrawal.
- How labels can influence your self-esteem.
- Why empowering parents is a key step in improving children’s mental health.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- PiqueLife.com/shawn -- Get exclusive savings on bundles & subscriptions!
- DrinkLMNT.com/model -- Get a FREE sample pack with any order!
- How to Help Your Child Clean Up Their Mental Mess by Dr. Caroline Leaf
- Metabolic Health & Mental Health with Dr. Christopher Palmer – Episode 649
- Neurocycle App
- Connect with Dr. Caroline Leaf Website / Podcast / Facebook / Instagram
Join TMHS Facebook community - Model Nation
Be sure you are subscribed to this podcast to automatically receive your episodes: