TMHS 706: 5 Keys to Unstoppable Family Fitness
“When you drop any new idea in the pond of the world, you get a ripple effect. You have to be aware that you will be creating a cascade of change.” – Joel A. Barker
American culture is built on the foundation of busy schedules, desk jobs, screen time, and a myriad of factors that contribute to sedentary lifestyle. The health consequences of not getting enough physical activity include increased rates of diseases like type 2 diabetes and obesity. If we want to change the rising rates of disease and illness in our society, we have to begin in our own homes.
Today you’re going to learn five science-backed ways to create a culture of health and wellness in your family. This episode contains valuable insights on intentionally crafting a culture of health, the power of modeling behaviors for your children, and how to view your family structure as a team. You’ll hear specific strategies you can use to empower your family members and encourage healthy behaviors that will become second nature.
One of the most influential gifts we can give our families is a healthy lifestyle that allows them to thrive in all areas of life. I hope this episode inspires you to arm your family with the tools and behaviors they need to tap into the benefits and joy of a healthy lifestyle. So click play and enjoy the show!
In this episode you’ll discover:
- The connection between strong relationships and good health.
- How culture is defined, and the role it plays in our behaviors and health outcomes.
- What percentage of the average American’s diet is comprised of ultra-processed foods.
- Why shifting the culture is the key to improving rates of disease.
- What percentage of American adults are metabolically healthy.
- The role of enjoyment in food.
- Why modeling healthy behaviors to your children is critical.
- How to incorporate a spectrum of challenge levels to your family activities.
- The root of the word activities.
- Why scheduling family exercise can be so impactful.
- How to make health a mandate for your family.
- The power of creating a team environment.
- Strategies for getting kids excited about a culture of family fitness.
- Why changing our collective culture starts in our own homes.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- >> EatSmarterCookbook.com -- Preorder the cookbook today & claim your bonuses!<<
- Onnit.com/model -- Save an exclusive 10% on performance supplements & tools!
- PaleoValley.com/model -- Use code MODEL for 15% off!
Join TMHS Facebook community - Model Nation
Be sure you are subscribed to this podcast to automatically receive your episodes: