TMHS 715: How To Fix Your “Bad” Genes & Why The Healthcare Industry Is Bankrupting Americans - With Kashif Khan
There’s a pervasive myth surrounding chronic illnesses. Far too many folks have fallen victim to the disempowering idea that our genes dictate our health outcomes. While variants of certain genes can be a risk factor for developing some conditions, genes alone cannot cause disease. The most important factor in determining your health is the choices that you make on a daily basis, because genetic expression is directly impacted by environmental factors like diet, stress, toxic load, and sleep.
Today’s guest, Kashif Khan, is the CEO and founder of The DNA Company and the author of The DNA Way. His work is dedicated to helping folks utilize functional genomics, using insights about their personal genome to optimize their health. In this interview, you’re going to hear the fascinating science on how to prevent disease and age healthfully through lifestyle choices.
You’ll learn the underlying principles of functional genomics, and lifestyle changes you can implement to improve your genetic expression and overall quality of life. This episode contains conversations on how the food industry and the pharmaceutical industry impact our collective health, the role of inflammation in chronic disease, and simple dietary changes that can improve your health. Understanding the ability you have to influence your gene expression can be incredibly empowering, and I know you’re going to enjoy Kashif’s insights on this episode of The Model Health Show!
In this episode you’ll discover:
- What the main difference between genetics and genomics is.
- The truth about BRCA gene mutations and cancer risk.
- How understanding your genome can help inform your choices.
- Why our body’s detox pathways can’t keep up with our environment.
- How forever chemicals can make you sick.
- The difference between food regulations in the US and other countries.
- How to source high-quality water.
- Why toilet paper and tampons can increase your toxic load.
- The scary truth about plastic food storage.
- Why genes are not the cause of disease.
- How Kashif got into the field of functional genomics.
- The importance of understanding systems, not symptoms.
- What telomeres are, and how long they should last.
- A shocking statistic on bankruptcy and healthcare costs.
- How many of our top killers are rooted in inflammation.
- Why the American lifespan is declining.
- An interesting connection between cholesterol and inflammation levels.
- Why 80% of dementia cases occur in women.
- The critical role omega 3 fats play in the body.
- How your microbiome and immune health are connected.
- The importance of minerals for human health.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- DrinkLMNT.com/model -- Get a FREE sample pack with any order!
- Foursigmatic.com/model -- Get an exclusive 10% discount on your daily health elixirs!
- EatSmarterCookbook.com -- Preorder your copy today & claim your free bonuses!
- TheDNACompany.com/model -- Get your personalized report!
- The DNA Way by Kashif Khan
- Connect with Kashif Khan Website / Instagram
Join our Facebook community - Model Nation
Be sure you are subscribed to this podcast to automatically receive your episodes: