TMHS 719: The Surprising Benefits of Cholesterol & Dangers of Statin Drugs
We know that heart disease is the number one killer in the US, claiming one life every 33 seconds. By association, cholesterol has become a dirty word in conventional medicine and in the media. But cholesterol itself is not inherently bad—in fact, cholesterol is a critical compound for human health, responsible for immune health, fetal development, hormone production, and so much more.
The rampant demonization of cholesterol has led to numerous problems like pervasive nutrition myths about healthy foods and the overprescription of statin drugs. On this cholesterol masterclass, you’re going to hear powerful insights from Dr. Jonny Bowden on the topic of cholesterol and heart disease. Dr. Jonny Bowden is a board-certified nutritionist, a best-selling author, and a nationally recognized expert in the field of longevity.
You’ll learn the truth about cholesterol, heart disease, and statin drug usage. This episode contains the best information about cholesterol, including its roles in the body, the problem with current testing methods, in which situations statins are an appropriate treatment, and so much more. Enjoy!
In this episode you’ll discover:
- What cholesterol is and how it functions in the body.
- The relationship between cholesterol and myelin.
- An interesting fact about the cholesterol content in human breastmilk.
- The role cholesterol plays in creating your sex hormones.
- Why cholesterol gained a bad reputation & why it does not cause heart disease.
- How observational studies work.
- Why most statin therapy is based on outdated science.
- Which population receives zero benefit from taking statin drugs.
- Why statins were created, and what type of patient they were developed to treat.
- The connection between statin usage and cognitive impairment.
- Which biomarker can actually predict cardiovascular events.
- How the pharmaceutical industry has created statin overuse.
- What percentage of Americans suffer from insulin resistance.
- The link between diabetes and heart disease.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- DrinkLMNT.com/model -- Get a FREE sample pack with any order!
- Levels.link/model -- Join today and get 2 free months with a one-year membership!
- The Shocking Truth About Cholesterol with Dr. Jonny Bowden – Episode 492
- The Statin Drug Industry Is Failing with Dr. Jonny Bowden – Episode 627
Join TMHS Facebook community - Model Nation
Be sure you are subscribed to this podcast to automatically receive your episodes: