TMHS 725: The Truth About Anxiety & Lasting Solutions For Mental Wellness - With Dr. Ellen Vora
Anxiety is a natural human mechanism designed to protect us from harm. Experiencing anxiety can help optimize your reactions in dangerous situations, but today more than ever, folks are experiencing excessive anxiety in response to everyday responsibilities and activities. Millions of American suffer from anxiety, and its prevalence continues to rise.
What can we do to turn down the dial on anxiety and allow our bodies to have a more balanced reaction to everyday occurrences? That’s exactly what you’re going to learn on today’s show. Our guest, Dr. Ellen Vora, is a board-certified psychiatrist and the author of the best-selling book, The Anatomy of Anxiety. Her approach to mental health is holistic and based in functional medicine.
On this episode of The Model Health Show, you’re going to learn what anxiety actually is, some of its root causes, plus effective, applicable tips you can use to reduce symptoms of anxiety. Anxiety is one of the leading mental health issues plaguing our society today, and I know this conversation can help facilitate a better understanding and promote healing. I hope you enjoy this interview with Dr. Ellen Vora!
In this episode you’ll discover:
- What percentage of Americans suffer from anxiety on an annual basis.
- The truth about rising rates of anxiety.
- Why we need to approach mental health from a holistic standpoint.
- How physical imbalances contribute to mental imbalances.
- Why mental health conditions are misunderstood.
- What a false mood is.
- How blood sugar impacts mental health.
- Why sensitivity is a superpower.
- How to use anxiety as a compass.
- The bidirectional relationship between mental health and sleep.
- How fine-tuning your circadian rhythm can impact your mental health.
- The link between happiness and relationships.
- How having a sense of meaning or purpose can affect your mental health.
- What it means to understand your body’s language.
- Why shaking and crying are natural releases for your body.
- How identifying root causes of anxiety can help eliminate unnecessary suffering.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- EatSmarterCookbook.com -- Preorder your copy today & claim your free bonuses!
- PaleoValley.com/model -- Use code MODEL for 15% off!
- HVMN.com/model -- Save 30% on your first subscription order of Ketone-IQ!
- Organifi.com/Model -- Use the coupon code MODEL for 20% off + free shipping!
- The Anatomy of Anxiety by Dr. Ellen Vora
- The Mood Cure by Dr. Julia Ross
- Nonviolent Communication by Dr. Marshall Rosenberg
- Cry Together by the O’Jays
- Connect with Dr. Ellen Vora Website / Instagram
Join TMHS Facebook community - Model Nation
Be sure you are subscribed to this podcast to automatically receive your episodes:
This episode was brought to you by PaleoValley, HVMN, and Organifi.