TWiT 903: Opt In For Fun - Apple chaos in China, Robocall crackdown, NFT nightclubs, Black Friday slump
Apple chaos in China, Robocall crackdown, NFT nightclubs, Black Friday slump
- The Top Tech and Tools You Need for Taking Digital Notes.
- Ford Mustang Mach-E loses its Consumer Reports recommendation.
- Musk will restore Twitter accounts banned for harassment, misinformation.
- Twitter new user signups at an 'all-time high,' says Elon Musk.
- Protests Erupting Across China.
- Mass resignations of iPhone workers; report of 30% production hit
- China Covid: Protests continue in major cities across the country.
- Apple hobbled a crucial tool of dissent in China weeks before widespread protests broke out.
- Censorship, Surveillance and Profits: A Hard Bargain for Apple in China.
- FCC cuts off a voice provider for failing to protect against robocalls.
- New York Imposes 2-Year Moratorium on New Proof-of-Work Mining After Gov. Hochul Signs Bill.
- El Salvador's $300 Million Bitcoin 'Revolution' Is Failing Miserably.
- Miami nightclub owners are struggling with slumping sales after losing top-spending crypto clientele in wake of FTX implosion and crypto downfall, report says.
- Restaurant and private members lounge to be built controversially in San Francisco's 'public' Salesforce Park.
- Amazon Alexa is a "colossal failure," on pace to lose $10 billion this year.
- Callisto - Lockheed Martin.
- Black Friday Lured Shoppers Back, in Early Test for Holiday Spending.
- The Best Cyber Monday Deals 2022: Laptops, Robot Vacuums, AirPods, More.
- French man wins right to not be 'fun' at work in wrongful termination case.
Host: Leo Laporte
Guests: Nicholas De Leon, Jill Duffy, and Owen Thomas
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/this-week-in-tech
Get episodes ad-free with Club TWiT at https://twit.tv/clubtwit