TWiT 939: The Immortal Cell - AI in Hollywood, Alphabet antitrust lawsuit, Amazon earnings, Exorcist VR
AI in Hollywood, Alphabet antitrust lawsuit, Amazon earnings, Exorcist VR
- An Internet Veteran's Guide to Not Being Scared of Technology.
- 'Barbie' joins $1 billion club, breaks another record for female directors.
- Movie extras worry they'll be replaced by AI. Hollywood is already doing body scans.
- Hollywood's Pain Is YouTube's Advertising Gain.
- Meta starts blocking news in Canada over law on paying publishers.
- Amazon (AMZN) Q2 earnings report 2023.
- Alphabet's Google (GOOGL) to Face Slimmed-Down Antitrust Lawsuit Over Search.
- Brave Search Breaks Free Of Bing With Standalone Image Index.
- Kagi Search - A Premium Search Engine.
- Apple Services Salvage a Blah Quarter.
- Claimed superconductor LK-99 is an online sensation — but replication efforts fall short.
- NASA restores contact with Voyager 2 spacecraft after mistake led to weeks of silence.
- Fortnite's adding a museum about the Holocaust.
- Exclusive: Inside Meta's Horizon Worlds reboot.
- The Exorcist: Legion VR on Oculus Quest 2.
- Post Malone Buys Lord Of The Rings Card Worth Over $2 Million.
- Family of Henrietta Lacks settles lawsuit over use of immortal cell line.
- U.S. ban on popular lightbulb goes into effect Aug. 1.
- Is that a TV in your pocket? Rokid is making a TV dongle for its AR glasses.
Host: Leo Laporte
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/this-week-in-tech
Get episodes ad-free with Club TWiT at https://twit.tv/clubtwit