Taking Stock of COVID-19 (with Dr. Tom Frieden)
Three years after the start of the pandemic, former CDC Director Dr. Tom Frieden returns to reflect on what we got right and what we got wrong in our response to COVID-19. Andy gets the definitive answer to the question "do masks work?” Frieden also calls out one pharmaceutical company who could have helped save more lives and tells Andy what we need to do to prepare for the next pandemic. Plus, he shares one silent killer that isn’t getting enough attention and tells us what everyone can continue to do to protect themselves.
Keep up with Andy on Post and Twitter and Post @ASlavitt.
Follow @DrTomFrieden on Twitter.
Joining Lemonada Premium is a great way to support our show and get bonus content. Subscribe today at bit.ly/lemonadapremium.
Support the show by checking out our sponsors!
- Click this link for a list of current sponsors and discount codes for this show and all Lemonada shows: https://lemonadamedia.com/sponsors/
Check out these resources from today’s episode:
- Check out Resolve to Save Lives
- More on the 7-1-7 Response Plan
- Find vaccines, masks, testing, treatments, and other resources in your community: https://www.covid.gov/
- Order Andy’s book, “Preventable: The Inside Story of How Leadership Failures, Politics, and Selfishness Doomed the U.S. Coronavirus Response”: https://us.macmillan.com/books/9781250770165
Stay up to date with us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram at @LemonadaMedia.
For additional resources, information, and a transcript of the episode, visit lemonadamedia.com/show/inthebubble.
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.